If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This potato salad recipe hails from Berlin and was taught to me by a wonderful German woman, Anke. It's the perfect summer barbecue side dish. Make sure you get good dill pickles—it makes all the difference. —Anna Francese Gass
Serves 6 to 8
- 21/2 to 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1 small red onion, chopped fine
- 6 to 7 small Polish dill pickles, medium dice
- 6 to 7 tablespoons Hellman's mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons Grey Poupon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Allow potatoes to cool to room temperature and then cut into small cubes. In a large bowl, add potatoes, red onion, and pickles. Carefully fold in mayo and mustard. Potatoes should not be overly dressed but you do want to taste the mayo and mustard. Add salt and pepper gradually to your liking. Remember, mayo and mustard both have salt so season sparingly.
- Serve cold or at room temperature. Anke suggests to make it the day before—it's perfect for entertaining and is a wonderful side dish for some German sausages. Köstlich!!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!