If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cheese. Beef. Potatoes. Bacon. Jalapenos. What more would you want out of a potato soup??? —mtlabor
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup flour
- 5 Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can of beer
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 & 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup jarred jalapenos, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons liquid from jalapenos
- 5 strips bacon, cooked until crispy and chopped
- In a medium bowl, toss the shredded cheese with the flour and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add potatoes. Salt well and simmer until soft, about 8-10 minutes (Yukon Golds are pretty soft for a potato to begin with so it shouldn't take long). Drain pot to remove water and return potatoes.
- In a large skillet, melt butter under medium high heat. Add the carrots, onion, salt and pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cook until vegetables have started to soften, about 5 minutes or so. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Strain any fat, if needed. Pour mixture in pot with potatoes.
- Add in chicken broth, beer, and parsley and bring heat to about medium. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Add milk and heavy cream. Simmer for another 3-5 minutes, and be careful not to let soup come to a boil. Turn off the heat and stir in cheese until it is all melted. Stir in sour cream and jalapeno juice. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Ladle soup into deep bowls and top with chopped jalapenos and chopped bacon.