If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cocktail comes from Frank Caiafa, the bar manager for Peacock Alley at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel. This delicious and herbal update on the margarita is included in the reissued Waldorf Astoria Bar Book. The ratios are balanced and flavorful, strong but not overpowering, and it's easy to scale up for a crowd. —Samantha Weiss Hills
- 3 ounces mezcal (Sombra is suggested)
- 1 ounce Averna amaro
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
- 2/3 ounce lime juice
- 4 ounces ginger beer (Fever Tree or Q is suggested)
- Add all ingredients except ginger beer to shaker. Add ice and shake well.
- Strain into a Collins glass filled with large ice cubes. Add ginger beer and stir briefly to integrate. Garnish with a lime wedge.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: