Author Notes: Shaved ramp leaves and kale flowers boost the simple spring goodness of mandolined asparagus, wild greens, and oyster mushrooms. —AMP
pound Oyster Mushrooms
bunch Shepherd's Purse or similar wild green with stem (ie wild spinach or arugula), chopped
bunch Kale flowers with stems, chopped (optional)
Zest of 1/2 lemon
tablespoons Olive Oil
tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
tablespoons Walnut Oil
- Separate ramp leaves from stem and peel or slice into long, thin ribbons.
- Using mandolin slicer on medium setting, thinly slice asparagus stalks.
- Heat cast iron skillet to medium and add 2tbs olive oil. Place mushroom caps in the pan until light brown. Stir in chopped ramp bulbs, asparagus, finely chopped Shepherd's Purse (or other wild green) and kale flowers. Generously add salt. Keep moving until ramp bulbs are translucent.
- Add white balsamic vinegar to the pan. Let it coat vegetables and reduce. When almost gone, turn off heat and stir in ramp leaves, until just wilted.
- Move to a serving bowl. Finish with lemon zest, 2 tablespoons of walnut oil, and maldon salt to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad