Baked Chicken Caprese: delicious, easy, healthy 5-ingredient meal, perfect for weeknights: fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, garlic powder, Ragu pasta sauce.
Baked Chicken Caprese: delicious, easy, healthy 5-ingredient meal, perfect for weeknights: fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, garlic powder, Ragu pasta sauce.—Holly
boneless skinless chicken breasts
teaspoons garlic powder
tablespoons olive oil
servings angel hair pasta
ounces fresh mozzarella
large basil leaves, rinsed & dried (hold back three of these for garnish)
ounces pasta sauce
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Rinse and pat dry each piece of chicken, making sure it is well-dried. Trim off all the fat or loose pieces of meat.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder onto both sides of each chicken breast.
- Add olive oil to sauté pan on medium high heat, then add your chicken (cook in batches if needed).
- Cook each breast for 3-4 minutes a side, until it has a golden sear on both sides.
- Place the chicken in a 9x13 baking dish, and bake on the middle oven rack for 15 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Cook pasta while the chicken is in the oven baking.
- Remove baking dish and reduce oven to 350 degrees. Quickly spoon the Ragu Homestyle sauce onto each piece, top with 2-3 pieces of fresh basil and one slice of fresh mozzarella. Return the chicken to the oven for 5 more minutes - or until the cheese has melted, Ensure chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve over pasta and garnish with remaining basil