If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Baked Chicken Caprese: delicious, easy, healthy 5-ingredient meal, perfect for weeknights: fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, garlic powder, Ragu pasta sauce. —Holly
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 servings angel hair pasta
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 15 large basil leaves, rinsed & dried (hold back three of these for garnish)
- 23 ounces pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Rinse and pat dry each piece of chicken, making sure it is well-dried. Trim off all the fat or loose pieces of meat.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder onto both sides of each chicken breast.
- Add olive oil to sauté pan on medium high heat, then add your chicken (cook in batches if needed).
- Cook each breast for 3-4 minutes a side, until it has a golden sear on both sides.
- Place the chicken in a 9x13 baking dish, and bake on the middle oven rack for 15 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Cook pasta while the chicken is in the oven baking.
- Remove baking dish and reduce oven to 350 degrees. Quickly spoon the Ragu Homestyle sauce onto each piece, top with 2-3 pieces of fresh basil and one slice of fresh mozzarella. Return the chicken to the oven for 5 more minutes - or until the cheese has melted, Ensure chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve over pasta and garnish with remaining basil