If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I’m feeling hungry and I don’t want to make anything too involved, this is a recipe that I turn to. The pillowy brioche toast, the creamy ricotta, and the interplay of acidity (from the lemon), sweetness (from the honey), and spice (from the black pepper) all work together to create a bite of food that is deeply satisfying. This quick and easy recipe is perfect for breakfast, snacks, or even a passed hors d'oeuvre at a party. Don’t let the simplicity of this dish obscure the fact this it is absolutely delicious.
The quality of the brioche and the ricotta is key to this recipe. Whenever there are only a few ingredients in a recipe, those ingredients must be the highest quality. —Josh Cohen
Makes 2 thick slices of ricotta toast
- 3/4 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese (approximately 6 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- zest of ½ lemon
- 1 small squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 thick slices of fresh brioche bread
- freshly ground black pepper
- Add the ricotta and heavy cream to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt, and whisk to combine. Taste the ricotta and adjust the flavor with more salt or lemon as necessary. Remember that the acidity from the lemon will ultimately be balanced out by the brioche toast and the sweetness from the honey.
- Toast the slices of brioche bread until they are a deep golden brown. Spread the ricotta mixture over the toasted brioche. Drizzle honey over the top of each slice of toast. Crack some freshly ground black pepper over the top of each slice of toast (I like a lot of pepper). If you’re serving guests, I encourage you to cut each piece of toast into quarters. Serve and enjoy.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!