If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We planted cherry bushes several years ago, and this summer they really took off. Nanking cherries are the size of large peas, and bright vibrant red with a sweet tart flavor. —Kathleen D
- 2.5 cups Nanking cherries, small stems removed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Add the cherries, water, and sugar to a medium sauce pan over medium heat, and cook until cherries are soft and just begin to break apart.
- D.rain the cherries in a wire colander over a large bowl, and press the cherry pulp throught (the mini pits will stay behind in the colander); transfer to a small container, stir in almond extract, and place in refrigerator until completely chilled.
- Freeze according wtih your ice cream maker instructions; enjoy!