If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This delicious gluten-free banana coconut bread is made with hazelnut and coconut flour, loaded with protein and flavor!
—garlic and zest
Makes 1 loaf
- 3 ripe bananas
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 extra large eggs
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 1/4 cups hazelnut or almond flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal (optional) (pulse flaxseed in a mini food processor until ground)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Prepare a medium loaf pan by spraying with vegetable spray and lining with a sheet of parchment paper, that fits the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add the coconut oil eggs, agave and vanilla and beat until smooth with a hand mixer 1-2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine the coconut flour, arrowroot starch, hazelnut or almond flour, flaxseed meal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Whisk to combine, breaking up any lumps or clumps that you find.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until they are well combined. Set aside for a few minutes to allow the coconut flour to absorb the liquids fully. Meanwhile roughly chop the toasted pecans. Add the pecans and coconut to the banana mixture and stir. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of pecans and pumpkin seeds if desired.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack and turn out of the pan to serve.