If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There are few things more delicious than a twice baked potato. This Paleo breakfast version puts an interesting spin on the classic. Baked sweet potato combined with sautéed onions and garlic create a savory, yet slightly sweet dish. Combine that with a baked egg and you have breakfast magic! Want to enjoy this treat during the week? Bake the sweet potatoes and make the filling the night before. That way all you have to do is crack the egg and pop them in the oven. Viola…breakfast! —Ultimate Paleo Guide
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Garlic (cloves)
- 1/2 Onion (diced fine)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a fork to poke a couple of holes in the sweet potatoes. Wrap them in foil and place in the oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until fork tender. Once cooked remove and set aside.
- While the potatoes are baking heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 5-7 minutes, until they are translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- When the sweet potatoes are done baking remove from the oven. Make a slit in the top of the sweet potato and remove most of the insides, leaving enough on the bottom and sides to keep the integrity of the potato. Place the sweet potato insides in a large mixing bowl. Add the sautéed onions and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Place the filling mixture bake into the sweet potatoes, dividing equally.
- Use a spoon to create a well inside each of the sweet potatoes. Crack one egg in each well.
- Place the sweet potato back in the oven and bake for an additional 20-15 minutes, until the yolk is set.
- Serve warm.
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch