If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Baked tomatoes have a delicious, robust flavor. When you pair the egg with the roasted tomato, it create a delicious breakfast that will keep you full for hours. You can add different spices, and herbs to mix and match the flavor. Thyme or oregano would be great as well as some spice with cayenne or jalapeno. This could also be serves as a side dish for dinner. Enjoy! —Ultimate Paleo Guide
- 3 Tomatoes (large)
- 3 Basil Leaves (minced)
- 2 Eggs
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the top off of each tomato and carefully scoop out the insides.
- Cut a very small piece off the bottom of the tomato, being careful not to cut a whole. This allows the tomato to stand upright.
- Add the eggs and basil to a small bowl. Whisk until just frothy.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into each tomato, until half full. Do not over fill.
- Back in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until eggs are firm.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve immediately.
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch