If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ditch the sugary jarred variety for this homemade applesauce, and you’ll never look back. You control the spices and amount of sugar, making this recipe a perfect Paleo snack. —Ultimate Paleo Guide
- 3 pounds Apple (any variety, peeled, cored, and chopped)
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider (or water)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 2-3 tablespoons Honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Put all of the ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes, until apples are well broken down.
- For a chunkier applesauce, serve as is. For a smoother version, puree in a blender or food processor. Store in the fridge.
More Great Recipes: Snacks