If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Usually I follow original Nigella Lawson’s recipes for Clementine Cake and make with Clementine and almond flour. This time I used blood oranges and shredded unsweetened coconut instead. If I have to cook citrus for two hours, usually I will cook for 2-3 cake and store them in freezer. —anka
- 350 grams blood oranges (about 2 medium)
- 6 large eggs
- 225 grams white sugar (1 cup)
- 250 grams shredded unsweetened coconut (about 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Put the blood oranges in a pan with some cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 2 hours. Drain and when cool remove the seeds if there is any. Put the blood oranges; skins and all in a food processor.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Line a 21cm / 8 inch or 23 cm / 9 inch spring form with parchment paper.
- Add all the other ingredients to the food processor and mix.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared pan and bake for an hour, cover with foil first 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in a spring form.
- It will be even better the next day.