If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from the recipe by Tracy Newel of "Fresno Foodie". —cnevertz
Makes 8 tacos
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 2 3/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 ounces Spanish chorizo, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, finely chopped
- salt and ground black pepper
- 8 (5-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add sweet potatoes and onion; cook until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chorizo; cook and stir until it begins to brown and sweet potatoes are tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel; microwave until warm, about 30 to 60 seconds.
- In small bowl, toss cabbage with lime juice; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, divide sweet potato mixture evenly among warm tortillas; top with cabbage, sour cream, and cilantro.
- Serve with hot sauce and lime wedges if desired.