If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was 20 days in to the Whole30 challenge, and I needed something new. Something, fresh. Toothsome, yet creamy. Wholesome, yet indulgent. Don't get me wrong, Whole30 is fantastic (I'm so in love with it, I'm tempted to go another 10 days!), however, there are days when you just NEED a taste that goes beyond the ordinary. So, I created a breakfast smash (because porridge sounds boring) that calmed my sweet tooth, and satisfied my craving for a palate change. Enjoy warm or cold, and try not to substitute ingredients unless absolutely necessary. Cheers! —Breyer Belle
- 1 Banana, mashed
- 1 Apple, diced
- 1 Carrot, shredded
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flakes, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk, full-fat
- 2 tablespoons Raisins, no sugar added
- 1 tablespoon Golden Flax, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger, ground
- 1 dash Nutmeg, Cloves, Cardamom
- 1 handful Pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- In a medium bowl, smash the banana with a fork, or, if you're feeling fancy, go ahead and whip that baby till fluffy with a hand mixer or whisk. Make sure to dice your apple sans peel for a consistent texture, then add and stir.
- After shredding the carrot with a cheese grate, add also and give it a whirl with a spatula. Add the remaining ingredients and be sure to mix properly so that you don't experience this creation with your first mouthful being a huge clump of ginger.
- This is best eaten after it has sat overnight (think: overnight oats, Whole30 style), however, if you're dying for a treat, splash a bit of coconut milk over the top and dig in.