If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Meet your new favorite sandwich.
There’s just something better — and more picnic-friendly — about a giant, colorful, perfectly layered slab sandwich. It means there’s just the one sandwich to assemble and there’s also just the one sandwich to wrap up and tuck into your picnic basket. Just remember to add a carefully wrapped knife to your provisions, so you can divvy up portions for hungry fellow picnickers! —CAVA
- 2 large rectangular loaves ciabatta bread or other flat crusty bread
- 2 containers CAVA Crazy Feta
- 1 large eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- extra-virgin olive oil and black pepper
- 1 handful cilantro, rough-chopped
- 1 handful mint, rough-chopped
- 1 handful basil, rough-chopped
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 1/2 daikon radish, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 inch peeled ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place eggplant, squash, and zucchini slivers on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and fresh-cracked pepper. Roast until tender and delicately charred on the edges, about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, place carrots, radish, ginger, jalapeño, rice vinegar, and sugar in a bowl and stir to combine. Place in the fridge.
- Slice the loaf of bread in half. Spread one side with a hearty layer of Crazy Feta. Sprinkle evenly with rough-chopped fresh herbs. Top with roasted veggies, then an even layer of quick-pickled veggies. Brush top layer of bread with a light layer of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Place top layer on the rest of the sandwich and wrap tightly in parchment paper. Tie with twine to secure for travel.