If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Those chicken wings are medium-hot habanero-strawberry and honey glazed with a blue cheese dip on the side. I believe chicken wings are the equivalent of “the rain dance” ritual… but rather than calling rain, those wings call the sun! If you eat enough, summer will come earlier. —The FoodOlic
- 20 chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons habanero and strawberry homemade sauce
- few carrot, celery, cucumber
Hot Habanero Sauce
- 2 carrots
- 1 small onion
- 3 garlic clove
- 4 strawberries
- 250 milliliters cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 3 habanero powder (3 whole ones, if they are fresh)
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan
- salt, pepper
- Slice into small dices the carrot and onion
- Cook the carrots, onion, garlic in a pan with a little bit of oil, medium high heat
- When lightly brown, let cool
- Add the mix to a blender and the rest of the ingredients, blend
- Add 1 tsp of Xanthan (thickener) or maizena *optional
- Add salt and pepper
- Pass through a sieve, into a container
- Marinate the wings for 30 minutes into the habanero and honey mix, keep some sauce to glaze the chicken
- Get rid of the juice left from the marinade and add wings to a baking sheet on a tray, in the oven at 200°C (400F) for 45 minutes, or until crisp, turn and add the habanero-honey glaze every 15 minutes. Or simply make them on the BBQ!
- Serve with a blue cheese dip