Make this routinely while camping and shortly after harvesting fresh clams from the beach. Great recipe at home too.
Make this routinely while camping and shortly after harvesting fresh clams from the beach. Great recipe at home too.—ksagee
Fresh Clams (In shell)
cup Light Beer
In This Recipe
- Wash and clean clams. Set aside.
- Finely dice onion and garlic and fresh basil. Set aside.
- Melt butter in dutch oven over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until soft.
- Add water and beer and bring to boil.
- Add clams and basil and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Cover dutch oven and allow to steam for 8-10 minutes and until clams are open.
- Remove from heat, stir and serve with melted butter and bread if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil