If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One or two bites melting in your mouth treat.
Most of the time is Holiday treat but I like because you can serve frozen so it is perfect for summer days.
Makes 40-50 slices
- 2 hard boiled eggs (you only need yolks)
- 100 grams butter, room temperature
- 100 grams icing sugar
- 150 grams ground walnuts
- 150 grams icing sugar
- 100 grams dark chocolate, melted
- 1 egg white
- Pinch of salt
- Light part “Icing”
- Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Push egg yolks with your fingers through a fine sieve. Add to the butter and sugar; continue to mix for another 1-2 minutes. Keep on the side.
- Dark part
- Beat egg white with a pinch of salt till soft peak.
- Chop the chocolate and melt in a bowl on the top of a saucepan over hot water.
- Let it cool (but be careful not to let harden).
- Ground the walnuts. I have a nut grinder, but handheld rotary cheese grater does the job perfectly.
- In a bowl; put the walnuts, sugar, egg white, lukewarm chocolate and mix till is smooth. If the mixture is soft, sprinkle more ground walnut.
- Cut two pieces of parchment paper; on one of those paper sketch 30x40 cm rectangle, turn paper over, it will give you guideline when you start rolling out.
- Place chocolate-walnut mixture on the parchment paper, cover with a second piece of parchment paper and start rolling out (3-4 mm thick).
- Take off the top paper and spread 2/3 of “icing” on the top of rolled out the chocolate-walnut mixture.
- Make into the roll with parchment paper help, store in the fridge or freezer.
- Before slicing into 5-10 mm you can roll into ground walnut but it is optional.
- You can slice and serve straight from the freezer.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best No-Bake Desserts