If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was looking for an easy recipe for a photo shoot on using fresh herbs in cooking. I liked the way the green of the basil contrasted with the pink of the shrimp. It turned out so tasty I now make it all the time. —SUtahFoodie
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 8 ounces uncooked linguini
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Olive oil, for cooking
- fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Wash, shell and devein the shrimp.
- Cook the linguini in a large pot of water according to package directions.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute. Add the shrimp and saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until they are pink. Add the basil and saute another 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Drain the linguini and return to the pan. Add the butter and Parmesan and stir until the butter is melted.
- Divide the pasta between four serving plates. Top each plate of pasta with shrimp and garnish with a leaf or two of fresh basil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil