If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Orzo cooks faster than rice, a go to home-made fast food whenever needed. Adding roasted chicken makes it an incentive to a better homemade fast food. Since Mondays and Thursdays right after dinner time, it is a must game eat together with other goodies one can prepare while the orzo is boiling, like Campari Tomato Salad —thechewinn-nova.com
- 4 pieces boneless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons grilling chicken blend seasoning
- 1 pound orzo
- 1 32- ounces low-salt chicken broth
- 1 13.5- ounces diced tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups frozen carrots & peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash original blend
- 1-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, julienned
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with the grilling blends and place inside oven. Roast for 20 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 165 degrees F.
- In a big skillet, let chicken broth to boil and add orzo. Cook pasta according to package direction.
- On last 2 minutes of cooking, add diced tomatoes, peas & carrots, salt and Mrs. Dash original Blend seasoning.
- Drain the pasta mixture, drizzle with EVOO, then, add the julienned basil and mix.
- Top the orzo with sliced roasted chicken pieces. Serves 6.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Chicken