Author Notes: Orzo cooks faster than rice, a go to home-made fast food whenever needed. Adding roasted chicken makes it an incentive to a better homemade fast food. Since Mondays and Thursdays right after dinner time, it is a must game eat together with other goodies one can prepare while the orzo is boiling, like Campari Tomato Salad —thechewinn-nova.com
pieces boneless chicken breast
tablespoons grilling chicken blend seasoning
ounces low-salt chicken broth
ounces diced tomatoes
cups frozen carrots & peas
tablespoon Mrs. Dash original blend
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
cup basil leaves, julienned
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with the grilling blends and place inside oven. Roast for 20 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 165 degrees F.
- In a big skillet, let chicken broth to boil and add orzo. Cook pasta according to package direction.
- On last 2 minutes of cooking, add diced tomatoes, peas & carrots, salt and Mrs. Dash original Blend seasoning.
- Drain the pasta mixture, drizzle with EVOO, then, add the julienned basil and mix.
- Top the orzo with sliced roasted chicken pieces. Serves 6.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Chicken