If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Thekua is a delicious Indian recipe served as snacks and dessert. It is also a revered Prasad during Chhat puja. Try this easy cookie at home. —yummyfoodrecipes
- 11/2 cup Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 cup Coconut (Grated)
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 400 grams Jaggery (Grated) Or Sugar
- 500 grams Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 cups Ghee Or Oil (For Deep Frying)
- Step1 Combine jaggery or sugar and water in a pan. Step2 Put the pan on flame, heat and dissolve the sugar or jaggery. Step3 When it dissolved, switch off the flame and put aside to get cool. Step4 Now, take wheat flour in a large bowl. Step5 P ut coconut and cardamom powder and mix well. Step6 Now, add oil and mix gently with hands. Step7 Put sugar or jaggery water and kneed into a stiff dough. Step8 Divide in into 5 equal portions. Step9 Shape it round and long, according to your choice. Step10 Ensure the thickness is not more than an inch. Step11 Now heat ghee or oil in a deep bottom pan. Step12 Put few thekua at a time and cook on low flame. Step13 Deep fry, till it turns into brown colour. Step14 Drain and let it get cold. Step15 Keep in an airtight container.
More Great Recipes: