If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was a spur-of-the-moment inspired dish. I'm growing basil for the first time this summer and while watering it one morning I became hungry for it. So I had chicken laid out for dinner and started putting things with it I thought would be good. Now the dish is a staple at not only our home but at the fire station my husband works at too! —AmyBeth
- 4 breasts of chicken, boneless & skinless
- 2 cups mozzerella cheese, shredded
- 4-5 sprigs fresh basil, chopped (per breast)
- several pats garlic butter (per breast)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Butterfly your breasts
- Add basil, cheese, garlic butter, salt & pepper to inside of breasts
- Close breasts back together and secure by threading a wooden skewer through it
- Grill breasts until done
- Add a little more cheese & basil to the tops and melt
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil