Author Notes: A friend brought me some Lemongrass tea from the Seychelles and since I grow Basil and always have a good amount or I freeze excess basil. I have used this recipe many times. It was originally made with lemongrass stalks-which are more accessible. I will give the recipe with the stalks. —rosiew1
Serves: 2 quarts
cup basil leaves and stems chopped
cup mint leaves chopped
quarts boiling water
tablespoons agave syrup or light honey
- Place the basil, mint, and lemongrass in a large heatproof bowl.
- Add the boiling water, cover and let stand for 1 1/2 hours.
- Strain into a pitcher and stir in the agave syrup (or honey)
- Pour into 6 icefilled glasses and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil