If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Buttery shortbread cookies dipped in dark chocolate and topped with chopped almonds —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes 36 cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 grams dark chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- To prepare the cookies, sift the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar in a bowl of a standing mixer until light and fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Reduce the speed to low and beat in the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Gather dough and form a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into rounds using a floured cookie cutter. Place on the prepared baking sheets and place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the cookies cool a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate in microwave on high in 20-second interval, stirring in between. When it’s completely melted, stir in oil until combined.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a clean parchment paper.
- Dip half of each shortbread cookie in the melted chocolate. Let it drain off the excess, place it on the baking sheet. Sprinkle chopped almonds on top. Repeat with all the cookies.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set the chocolate.