Author Notes: Substituting turkey pepperoni for regular pepperoni allows the basil flavor to come through for an amazingly delicious combination. —NellieMc
slices of Whole-wheat Naan Bread
teaspoons olive oil
turkey pepperoni rounds
slices provolone cheese
- Brush the slices of naan bread with olive oil and sprinkle salt over each slice. Place the bread slices on one or two flat baking sheets.
- Layer 8 pepperoni rounds on each slice of bread.
- Dice the tomato and divide evenly among the pizzas. Tear each basil leaf into quarters and sprinkle over the pizzas.
- Put two slices of cheese on each pizza, overlapping if necessary.
- Move an oven rack at least six inches from the broiler. Broil the pizzas until the cheese is browned in spots and bubbling.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil