If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This was the main food I served in Superbowl 2014 in New York, one of America’s favorite food. It’s a burger that inherently represents the various food of New York City is known for, Nathan Hotdogs (remember, its annual eating contest) serve in amusement park like Coney Island, football and baseball stadiums, Pastrami, a cold cut serve at the best delis in the city, like Katz Delicatessen and New York’s famous cheesecakes. See burger stuffer used here---http://www.thechewinn-nova.com/?p=4444 —Gina--thechewinn-nova.com
- 12 Nathan hotdog or any brand you like
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 pounds grd beef sirloin,
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1- 8 ounces pkg Pastrami
- 1- 8 ounces chive and onion cream cheese spread
- 2 cups sliced iceburg lettuce
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 toasted buns on both sides
- 4 teaspoons fennel seeds, toast for 3 minutes in small skillet
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons Grill Mates Mesquite seasoning
- Grill hotdogs for 10 minutes, turn around after 5 minutes, to get rid of excess fat, in oven or stove top grill.
- Divide 6 hotdogs into 2, crosswise, if doing the stuffed burger, 3 halves per burger. Chopped the rest of hotdog to combine with ground meat.
- Beat eggs in same bowl where ground beef will be mix. Combine ground beef and chopped hotdogs into the beaten eggs. Mix well to evenly distribute the hotdogs. Add salt, fennel seeds and mesquite seasoning and mix.
- Place 2/3 cup of grd beef mixture into the bottom of press. Press the burger using the top, to make a dent/well for the stuffing. Add the 3 pcs of hotdog in the center of burger, then add 1/3 cup of mixture on top and press to seal.
- Grill for 3 minutes on both sides for the stuffed burger on medium-low; for single burger, grill for 2 minutes on a stove top grill or cast iron skillet.
- While burgers are cooking, toast the bread, then mixed lettuce, cilantro, red onion and salt, to make the flavor of cilantro blend with the lettuce.
- Before assembly, place 1-1/2 Tbsp cream cheese spread on top end of pastrami and roll. Make 3 pastrami rolls per bun. Set aside.
- To assemble, spread mayonnaise on both sides of the bun. Place burger on the bottom bun, top with the pastrami rolls and then the salad. Serves 4 for stuffed ones, about 8 for single burgers.