If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Take advantage of mango season and make this delicious tart! The flavors of mango burfi/halwa in a modern dessert! —Milk and Cardamom
Makes one 10x10 tart
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- powdered sugar
- 3 small mangos
- 1 egg
- Cream butter and sugar together until white and fluffy. Add eggs, rose water, vanilla extract and ground cardamom and mix well. Stir in almond meal and all purpose flour. Set aside
- Roll out 1 sheet of puff pastry with a rolling pin until it is 12 x12 square. Evenly spread the frangipane onto the puff pastry, leaving 1 inch border of puff pastry.
- Peel and slice mango into thin slices. Roll the slices (similar to how you make an avocado rose) until you have a 3 inch rose and set onto the tart. Continue making mango roses until the tart is full.
- Fold puff pastry edges over to create a crust. Brush the crust with egg wash and bake tart for 30-40 minutes, until the puff pastry is golden brown and the frangipane is cooked in the middle. Cool on a rack and top with powdered sugar.