If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Cilantro Lime Grilled #Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa is super-easy, & perfect for the grill! Cilantro, lime, & garlic marinade is balanced by sweet & zesty salsa with pineapple, jalapeno, red onion, tomatoes, & salt. —Holly
For The Shrimp
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled & cleaned
- 4-5 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for several hours
- Rinse, peel, and de-vein the shrimp
- In a medium bowl, combine lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, and minced garlic.
- Add shrimp and gently fold into the marinade, ensuring all shrimp are fully coated
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Skewer the shrimp and grill over high heat, about 2 minutes per side. Closely monitor to ensure they don't overcook. Shrimp will curl up and turn pearly/opaque when ready.
- Squeeze fresh lime over shrimp then serve warm with pineapple salsa.
For The Pineapple Salsa:
- 2 tablespoons finely minced red onion
- 1/3 cup pineapple chopped into bits (or buy canned "pineapple tidbits" in 100% pineapple juice
- 4 campari tomatoes, chopped, with their juice
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced. Include the ribs and seeds if you like more heat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine onion, pineapple, tomatoes, pineapple juice, jalapeno, and salt in a small serving bowl.
- If desired, adjust the seasoning to your preference by adding either more salt or more pineapple juice.