If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A crispy and spicy sandwich that heats you up and cools you down at the same time. With a kick of Asian influences this sandwich is super simple but immensely appetizing. —Masha
Makes 12 sandwiches
- 1 Block Firm Tofu
- 1 tablespoon Tapioca Starch
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 12 Sub Rolls
- 2 cups Rehydrated Seaweed
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup Red Cabbage
- 1/2 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Liquid Aminos/Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Grated Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Korean Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Seeds (sriracha)
- 1/4 cup Vegan Mayo
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- Tofu Soak: Whisk together almond milk, tapioca flour and Sriracha in a small mixing bowl. Cut tofu into small rectangles or whatever shape you prefer. Approximately 16 slices. Put slices into mixing bowl and let soak for 5-10min.
- Prepare breading by combining panko breadcrumbs, Korean chili powder and salt into a shallow bowl or plate.
- Seaweed Slaw : Mix together all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and let marinate for 5minutes or until tofu is done.
- Heat a skillet with 2 tbs of Olive Oil.
- Take individual slices of tofu out of soak and drop into bowl/plate of breadcrumbs. With dry hand flip tofu until coated and then place in skillet. Repeat for all slices.
- Cook for 3-5minutes or until desired level of crisp is achieved. Flip all tofu and cook for 3minutes. Remove onto plate.
- Combine ingredients for Sriracha Mayo. (vegan mayo and sriracha)
- Assembly: Lather mayo onto crispy side of sub roll and place 3-4 slices of tofu onto mayo. Top tofu with a small portion of seaweed slaw.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with Tofu