Author Notes: A mousse-type chocolate pie flavored with kahlua that is both vegan and gluten free! Inspired by Alton Brown's Mooless Chocolate Pie. —amber
ounces vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
tablespoons honey. Add what you feel you need to make it as sweet as you like.
ounces silken tofu. I like the kind that's shelf stable and comes in a box.
cups Kahlua. Add as much or as little to make it as boozy as you like. Want to make it non-alcoholic? Use instant espresso or decaf coffee.
tablespoon Vanilla Extract
tablespoons Earth Balance Vegan Butter
Glutino Chocolate Vanilla Sandwich cookies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using a microwave, melt the 5 tablespoons of vegan butter.
- Use a food processor and add in about 25 cookies and let in run a few seconds.
- Add vegan butter to cookie crumbs and let run a few seconds.
- Take cookie crumbs and put in a 9 or 10 inch pie pan; push down in pie pan so bottom and edges are covered.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes till crust is firm.
- Open box of tofu and let any water out in a sink.
- Stir in vanilla and Kahlua.
- Add blended ingredients to the pie crust.
- Let chill in fridge 6 hours. Or overnight.
- Can top with a few crushed cookies for presentation.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with Tofu