If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A mousse-type chocolate pie flavored with kahlua that is both vegan and gluten free! Inspired by Alton Brown's Mooless Chocolate Pie. —amber
ounces vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
tablespoons honey. Add what you feel you need to make it as sweet as you like.
ounces silken tofu. I like the kind that's shelf stable and comes in a box.
cups Kahlua. Add as much or as little to make it as boozy as you like. Want to make it non-alcoholic? Use instant espresso or decaf coffee.
tablespoon Vanilla Extract
tablespoons Earth Balance Vegan Butter
Glutino Chocolate Vanilla Sandwich cookies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using a microwave, melt the 5 tablespoons of vegan butter.
- Use a food processor and add in about 25 cookies and let in run a few seconds.
- Add vegan butter to cookie crumbs and let run a few seconds.
- Take cookie crumbs and put in a 9 or 10 inch pie pan; push down in pie pan so bottom and edges are covered.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes till crust is firm.
- Open box of tofu and let any water out in a sink.
- Stir in vanilla and Kahlua.
- Add blended ingredients to the pie crust.
- Let chill in fridge 6 hours. Or overnight.
- Can top with a few crushed cookies for presentation.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with Tofu