If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tropical fish stew fragrant with garlic and peppers, the mellow taste of palm oil, enriched with coconut milk —DVees
- 1000 grams thick, firm, white fish fillets
- 120 milliliters palm oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 line
- Spring onion, finely sliced, to garnish
- Fish stock cubes
- Optional: Mussels and jumbo prawns
- In a large saucepan, sauté the garlic, onion, ginger and peppers in the oil until a sauce is formed. Taste and add salt and pepper.
- Add the fish, stock cubes and coconut milk simmer gently until cooked. If using a combination of fish and prawns, add the prawns later as they cook in less time. Cook for for 15minutes.
- Stir through the chopped coriander.
- Place in a serving dish and squeeze over some lime juice and sprinkle the spring onions and serve.