If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In Manila and here in NoVA (Northern Virginia), this is still my favorite summer fruit drink as a smoothie and more so when the cantaloupe is shredded. It is very refreshing like a watermelon drink. To make it more mouthwatering big tapioca pearls are added, hence a big straw is needed but can easily be found in big Chinese stores or here* from the global web retailer. —Gina--thechewinn-nova.com
- 1 cantaloupe, divided into quarters
- 7-1/2 cups seltzer water
- 4 Tbsps turbinado sugar (for a molasses flavor)
- 2 cups of bottled big tapioca (instructions to cook on package) available in Chinese or here**
- Sliced and place seeds in a strainer. Press seeds on top of a small bowl to get all the cantaloupe juice from the seeds, set aside.
- Make slices on the fruit to shorten shreds of fruits (to easily sip with fat straw). Shred quartered cantaloupe in a big colander on top of a big bowl to save all the drippings from the cantaloupe.
- Combine all the cantaloupe juice, seltzer water and sugar in a pitcher or bowl and stir. Pour juice mixture on ice trays to make 16 ice cubes.
- Combine the shredded cantaloupe and mixed juice in pitcher or bowl and refrigerate. As soon as the ice cubes are ready to use (about 3 hours), serve the drink.
- To serve, put 1/2 cup cooked tapioca on each glass, then pour the cantaloupe mixture and topped with ice cubes.
More Great Recipes: Booze-Free Drinks