If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spicy cold noodles and a beer are perfect for a hot summer night. The fresh noodles are made with gochujang, and can be shaped as spaghetti, fettuccini, penne, or corkscrews. The tofu is marinated before it is sliced and pan-fried. Dress the pasta with a spoonful of the sesame-soy marinade, and garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions. Share and enjoy! —aspoonfulofspice
- 1 tablespoon Gochujang
- 3 teaspoons Sesame oil
- 1.75 cups All purpose flour
- 5 Egg yolks
- 1 Egg
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites. Add sesame oil to the egg yolks, and whisk together.
- Measure out the flour into the bowl of a stand mixer with a dough hook attached (or mix by hand on a silpat). Create a well in the center of the flour and pour in the egg mixture. Mix on medium speed until a dough forms.
- Water can be added 1 tbsp at a time during the kneading to ensure that just enough liquid is added to form a malleable dough, but not so much that it becomes sticky.
- Once the dough comes together on the hook, transfer the dough to a floured silpat. Knead the dough for a few minutes until it can spring back into place.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for at least 30 min. or up to 2 days.
- Unwrap the refrigerated dough onto a floured silpat. Lightly coat the dough with flour. Using a bench cutter, separate the dough into four squares.
- Roll out each square of dough to about 5 mm., and cut into the desired shape.
- Boil pasta for 2 min., or until the noodles begin to float. Strain the noodles and run cold water over them to stop the cooking process.
- Add a small amount of sesame oil and a spoonful of the marinade (see below) to coat the noodles.
- 794 grams Firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons Sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Rice wine vinegar
- 5 pieces Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Red pepper
- 4 Green onions
- 1 handful White sesame seeds
- 2 pieces Garlic
- Peel and grate the fresh ginger; chop the green onions; and mince the garlic.
- Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, rice wine vinegar, ginger, red pepper, green onions, and garlic.
- Marinate both sides of the tofu blocks for 5 min.
- Lightly coat a pan with sesame oil, and saute each side of the tofu blocks for 2 minutes. Then, slice the tofu into cubes.
- Thinly slice green onions lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Combine the pasta and tofu, and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with Tofu