Author Notes: This is a simple ice cream I dreamt up, which needs only an immersion blender, and just turned out to be vegan. It worked out beautifully, very creamy and not icy in the least. It's going to be a summer time staple from now on. —Sonia Balagopalan
Makes: 1 litre
milliliters Canned coconut cream, 2 cans
grams Granulated sugar
bunch Fresh mint, chopped and stalks removed
- Chop and crush the watermelon, squeeze to drain and keep most of the juice.
- Place the remaining pulp (it's okay if it's a little wet,) in a bowl or tub, and use an immersion blender to blend the pulp to a uniform consistency.
- Add the solid part of the coconut cream, after draining away excess water from the can, and blend well with the watermelon, allowing air to incorporate.
- Cover the bowl and place in the freezer to keep cold.
- Dissolve the sugar in the watermelon juice, add the chopped mint, and over a high heat, reduce to a syrup.
- Take the bowl out of the fridge and blend again with the syrup.
- Place the bowl back in the freezer, and allow to freeze. Ready to serve in about 4 hours.