If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from an old Organic Valley recipe, this excellent no-cook ice cream is perfect for summer: Quick and easy, you don't need to turn on the stove, and it highlights summer berries at their peak, with the tang of buttermilk and sour cream to balance it out. —Posie Harwood
Makes 1 quart
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups cold buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Purée the strawberries with the sugar in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add the salt, buttermilk, and sour cream and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to the instructions. Once fully churned, chill in the freezer until your desired consistency.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!