If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I’ve been making this for my family for over 20 years now. The tofu gets nicely glazed. (I let Big Girls Small Kitchen publish this recipe several years ago. I hope you’ll still consider it for your contest. It’s the best tofu dish around.) —Sara from Brooklyn
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour for dipping (almond meal if you’re gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup sweetener (brown sugar, maple syrup, honey)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- Press the water out of the tofu (put a block of tofu between two plates or chopping boards weighted down by big cans for a few minutes). Then cut the tofu into cubes (slice the tofu into about 8-10 slices, and then cut each slice into small cubes). Put the whole wheat flour or almond meal in a brown paper bag. Put in the tofu and gently toss until all the pieces have a thin coating.
- Mix the lemon juice, sweetener, soy sauce, and ginger in a small bowl. (If your guest is vegan, don’t use honey.)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and then add the tofu. When the tofu is browned (5 minutes or so), add the sauce. Let it cook down until the tofu is completely glazed (5 minutes or so).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with Tofu