Author Notes: This tofu is delicious as a snack, as an entree, or inside a sandwich. —Sara from Brooklyn
block extra firm tofu
teaspoons sweetener (brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, pomegranate molasses)
tablespoon sesame seeds
In This Recipe
- Put a block of extra firm tofu between two plates or chopping boards weighted down by big cans and press out water (takes a few minutes). Cut the tofu into thin slices (you can probably get 12 slices out of a block and then you can slice those in half if you want strips).
- In a small cup or bowl, mix together the tamari, ginger, oil, sweetener and sesame seeds.
- Brush both sides of the tofu with the mixture and lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (If you don’t have enough of the liquid mixture, make more. This recipe is very forgiving.)
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes or so, until tofu is firm. To ensure both sides get browned, you may have to turn the slices once during baking.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with Tofu