If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This tofu is delicious as a snack, as an entree, or inside a sandwich. —Sara from Brooklyn
block extra firm tofu
teaspoons sweetener (brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, pomegranate molasses)
tablespoon sesame seeds
- Put a block of extra firm tofu between two plates or chopping boards weighted down by big cans and press out water (takes a few minutes). Cut the tofu into thin slices (you can probably get 12 slices out of a block and then you can slice those in half if you want strips).
- In a small cup or bowl, mix together the tamari, ginger, oil, sweetener and sesame seeds.
- Brush both sides of the tofu with the mixture and lay on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (If you don’t have enough of the liquid mixture, make more. This recipe is very forgiving.)
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes or so, until tofu is firm. To ensure both sides get browned, you may have to turn the slices once during baking.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with Tofu