This recipe came about when I did not have ricotta cheese on hand but did have sour cream...The teachers at school demand it every year when I take dinners for parent teacher conferences. It is also a great dish assembled or cooked and frozen as a gift to others... —clstephenson
- Serves 8-10
Ground Italian Sausage
Lean Ground Beef
Large White or Yellow Onion (chopped)
Fresh Basil or 1 tablespoon Dried
Container of Sour Cream (Non-Fat works just as well)
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Box No Boil Lasagna Noodles
- Brown crumbled ground pork and beef in a dutch oven on medium high heat until cooked.
- Add diced onions and garlic cook until onions are soft but not brown.
- Add diced tomatoes and 1/2 of the tomato sauce.
- Stir in herbs and reduce to a simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- When slightly cooled stir in sour cream.
- Pour remaining tomato sauce in a 9x13 baking dish. Spread to cover the entire bottom of the dish.
- Layer lasagna noodles slightly overlapping in a single layer.
- Top with a layer of sauce mixture.
- Lightly sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Repeat slightly pressing lasagna noodles. Continue until sauce is used or pan is full.
- The last layer of mozzarella cheese should almost completely cover the top.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top.
- Cook 50-60 minutes at 425 until bubbly. Cover with foil if cheese begins to brown.
- Let rest for 45 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Freezes well. Great gift!