Author Notes: I got up one morning with a huge muffin craving. I wanted something that tasted like orange and that was grain free as well. I quickly created the recipe for these Paleo Orange Muffins that’s so easy and quick to make that, by the time you are ready to start your day, your paleo breakfast will be ready for you! Warm and delicious like you just walked into an artisanal bakery!
…Or at least that’s what I often feel for breakfast after being born and raised in Italy, where breakfast happens with pastries and croissants!
You know me, I love baking. And, most of the times, I opt for crunchy biscotti or delicious pie crusts. I love them!!
When I’m pressed for time and don’t feel having too much fat, I go for stuff that has to rise, like a quick Apple Cake or some easy muffins just like these.In fact, while we need to add a decent amount of fat (like coconut oil or butter) to our dough if we want the cookies to be friable and melt in our mouth, batters can come out perfect even with very little fat.
And let’s be honest, pouring batter in a muffin mold couldn’t be easier and it takes about 30 seconds. Rolling down a dough several times and shaping cookies until there’s any leftover can be quite time consuming… so you really need to be in the mood for that! —Ambra Torelli
For the Orange Paleo Muffins:
grams Sweet Potato Starch
grams Tigernut Flour
grams Cassava Flour
grams freshly squeezed Orange Juice
teaspoon Vanilla Extract
teaspoon Cream of Tartar
To Garnish: (optional)
teaspoon dried Cranberries
teaspoon Acai Powder
tablespoon Fig Jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Beat the eggs with the erythritol until foamy. Sift in the sweet potato starch and mix well.
- Add the tigernut flour to the batter, mix well and add the orange juice. Lastly add in the cassava flour and mix until you have a very smooth batter.
- When you’ve mixed in cinnamon, vanilla and stevia, add in the baking soda and cream of tartar and fold them gently into the batter.
- Pour your paleo muffin batter in a silicon muffin mold, top each one with a dried cranberry and bake them for about 15 minutes.