If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nothing invokes fresh like these Teriyaki Tofu Summer Rolls. With their crispy raw vegetables, Asian flavor and deliciously aromatic herbs you're bound to become addicted to this vegan treat. —todayimight.com
Teriyaki Tofu Preparation
- 1 Block Medium-Firm Tofu
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Sambal Oelek chili paste
Summer Roll Preparation
- Prepared Tofu
- 1 packet vermicelli noodles
- 1 packet 8 1/2 inch spring roll wrappers
- 1/4 head of green lettuce, sliced
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 english cucumber, julienned
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 1 bunch thai basil leaves
- Cut the tofu into slices that are about 3 inches long and 1/4 inch thick.
- Lay out on a paper towel then set a cutting board or plate over top to allow tofu to drain for about 30 minutes.
- Combine the remaining 6 ingredients for the teriyaki tofu preparation in a small bowl and stir until sugar dissolved and ingredients well incorporated.
- Once tofu has drained, transfer to sided dish, spoon the marinade over the tofu until well covered, then refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Once marinated, pan fry in a tablespoon of oil until browned on both sides.
- Prepare vermicelli per package instructions.
- Once ready, soak a springroll wrapper in hot water in a shallow pan for 1-2 seconds then transfer flat onto preparation surface.
- Place about a 1/4 cup of vermicelli noodles in center of spring roll wrapper.
- Add a few carrot slices, a few cucumber slices, and a couple of mint and/or basil leaves per your own preference.
- Top with a slice of tofu then fold sides of wrapper up over ingredients, fold bottom of wrapper over sides, then roll.
- Serve with your favorite peanut dipping sauce or sweet chili sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with Tofu