If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A power packed breakfast with cooked Semolina, added with fresh vegetables and herbs. It is super easy and quick to make in the mornings. Semolina is a great source of good carbohydrate, that is easily digested! —vedicvegan
- 1 cup Semolina/cream of wheat (uncooked)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup fresh chopped mixed vegetables (onions, broccoli, peas, peanuts, carrots, red, yellow and green peppers)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or any per your preference
- 1/2 teaspoon cilantro seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 2-3 bay leaves
- 1.Start with chopping 1 Onion and your choice of vegetables (green peas, broccoli, carrots, peppers goes well in this recipe ) 2.In a Pan roast Cumin seeds, Cilantro Seeds, Mustard Seeds in 1-2 Tablespoon of oil (Coconut oil is great or you can go with anything that you prefer) 3.Add in chopped onions to the Pan. Stir for a minute 4.Now add in 1 cup of raw Semolina to the above. Semolina roasts very fast, so keep stirring the mixture to ensure it doesn't burn or gets too brown too quickly. 5.Once Semolina has turned slightly brown in color, turn heat to slow and Add 3 cups of water. cook for a couple of minutes until most of the water have evaporated and Semolina has started to stick together. Pour it out in a bowl and garnish with fresh cilantro and mint. 6.While there is still some water in the pan, Add in your veggies (we add veggies last, to have the tender and fresh taste) You can add in your choice of nuts (peanuts, or raisins) to enhance this dish. Cook until all the water is evaporated and Semolina has started to stick together. Pour it out in a bowl and garnish with fresh cilantro and mint.
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch