If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is my go to when I have bananas that have passed their prime. I learned this from my grandmother in Brazil who was a great cook and always hated to see things go to waste. —EatPrayandEatAgain
- 3 small bananas
- 1/2 cup grapeseed or canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat or plain flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinammon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and butter a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients. Breaking down the pieces of brown sugar, add the flour and oat bran, the baking powder and the cinnamon.
- In a mixing bowl mash the bananas and add all the liquids (beaten eggs, oil, milk and vanilla) and mix by hand with a fork, you want this mush to have a bit of consistency.
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients. Breaking down the pieces of brown sugar, add the flour and oat bran, the baking powder and the cinnamon.
- Combine the liquids (banana mush) with the flour by hand and transfer to the cake pan. The final consistency should be sticky, but you can add a bit more milk if you find it too hard. Bake for 35-40 minutes et voila!