If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is from my new chick lit cookbook The Happy Baker-A Dater's Guide To Emotional Baking and is from the first chapter ... The Early Years-When the going gets tough, the tough get baking! Learn more at www.thehappybakerchick.com. I am a self taught passionate baker, all of my recipes are easy. Dating is hard enough so your emotional baking shouldn't be! Happy Baking:) —The Happy Baker
Serves two dozen
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 juice of squeezed lemon
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- coconut to roll dough in
- Preheat oven to 350?F (175?C) Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt: set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl; cream together the butter and sugars.
- Mix in lemon juice, egg, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients. Wrap dough in plastic and put in the refrigerator until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into a 1-inch ball and then roll in coconut. Place ball on a lined cookie sheet and flatten with your fingers.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until slightly golden. Let cool on wire cooling racks.