Author Notes: This recipe is from my new chick lit cookbook The Happy Baker-A Dater's Guide To Emotional Baking and is from the first chapter ... The Early Years-When the going gets tough, the tough get baking! Learn more at www.thehappybakerchick.com. I am a self taught passionate baker, all of my recipes are easy. Dating is hard enough so your emotional baking shouldn't be! Happy Baking:) —The Happy Baker
Serves two dozen
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 juice of squeezed lemon
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- coconut to roll dough in
- Preheat oven to 350?F (175?C) Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt: set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl; cream together the butter and sugars.
- Mix in lemon juice, egg, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients. Wrap dough in plastic and put in the refrigerator until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into a 1-inch ball and then roll in coconut. Place ball on a lined cookie sheet and flatten with your fingers.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until slightly golden. Let cool on wire cooling racks.