Author Notes: Having just returned from Budapest, I am ready to try out my paprika collection on recipes. This is a very easy basic recipe that offers a Hungarian flare. —Sagegreen
- 1 pound excellent quality ground beef (sirloin and chuck mix)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet red paprika, Hungarian
- generous pinch of kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon dry red wine
- 1/2 cup sour cream for garnish
- sprinkle of sweet paprika for garnish
- sprig of fresh thyme and parsley for garnish
- 4 suggested toasted Kaiser rolls
- Prepare your grill.
- Mix your beef, herbs, spices, salt, wine, and lemon zest together and shape into 4 patties.
- Grill 2-4 minutes per side, depending upon your thickness, heat of the grill, and desired level of "doneness."
- Garnish with sour cream, herbs, and a sprinkle of sweet paprika. Serve each on a toasted roll, such as a Kaiser roll.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers