Author Notes: The summer heat is terrible than ever this year so I make it a point to keep a bottle of lemonade in the fridge at all times. What better way to beat the heat than lemonade; right? Well, I found a better way! My lemon and Cucumber cooler with a slight hint of ginger! It is so refreshing and delicious it will brighten up your day! —Sana Sayyed
Makes: 4 glasses
cucumber (peeled and finely grated)
teaspoon ginger (finely grated)
tablespoons sugar (you may need less depending on your taste)
glasses of water
- In a pitcher grate the cucumber and ginger.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon into the cucumber, add the sugar and salt to it.
- Add water and stir well, till the sugar has completely dissolved in the water.
- Place 4-5 ice cubes in each glass along with a cucumber stick and a slice of lemon, pour in the juice. Enjoy:)
- Tips: Lemon water is an excellent antioxidant and a great source of vitamin c and also minerals like magnesium, potassium and phosphorus; hence it makes for one of the best drinks to beat the summer heat. You may use soda instead of water if you want to have a fizzy drink.