If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The summer heat is terrible than ever this year so I make it a point to keep a bottle of lemonade in the fridge at all times. What better way to beat the heat than lemonade; right? Well, I found a better way! My lemon and Cucumber cooler with a slight hint of ginger! It is so refreshing and delicious it will brighten up your day! —Sana Sayyed
Makes: 4 glasses
cucumber (peeled and finely grated)
teaspoon ginger (finely grated)
tablespoons sugar (you may need less depending on your taste)
glasses of water
- In a pitcher grate the cucumber and ginger.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon into the cucumber, add the sugar and salt to it.
- Add water and stir well, till the sugar has completely dissolved in the water.
- Place 4-5 ice cubes in each glass along with a cucumber stick and a slice of lemon, pour in the juice. Enjoy:)
- Tips: Lemon water is an excellent antioxidant and a great source of vitamin c and also minerals like magnesium, potassium and phosphorus; hence it makes for one of the best drinks to beat the summer heat. You may use soda instead of water if you want to have a fizzy drink.