If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These simple bars are sweet from dates and offer plenty of texture and crunch from a variety of nuts. Be sure to use the variety of nuts you enjoy the most! Almond butter helps the mixture stick together while coconut flakes add depth of flavor and more texture to the mixture. —Grace O
Makes 10-12 bars
- 2 cups raw nuts: almonds, pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 20 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter (no sugar or oil added)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup cup oats (if needed)
- Pulse nuts and salt in the bowl of a food processor until finely chopped, then place in a separate bowl. Using food processor again, pulse dates and almond butter until the mixture forms a sticky paste and rolls into a ball. Pour date paste over nuts in mixing bowl, add coconut flakes and use your hands to knead the mixture together until blended. If mixture seems too sticky, add some rolled oats, ¼ cup at a time, until mixture is firmer and moldable. Line a square 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper and press mixture evenly into the bottom. Cover with waxed paper and refrigerate for an hour before chopping into 10-12 bars. Store in an airtight container or the refrigerator, separating with waxed paper to avoid sticking. Recipe shared by Grace O, FoodTrients.com - read the original @ FoodTrients