If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Curries made with turmeric and coconut milk are amazingly heart healthy. Add some ginger and garlic and your heart and arteries will thank you even more —Grace O
- 1/4 cup onion strips
- 2 teaspoons ginger strips
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 pound chicken cut into strips
- 2-3 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white peper
- 1 cup heavy coconut milk divided in half
- 1 1/2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup red pepper cut into strips
- 1 cup fresh moringa leaves - green tea powder can be substituted
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a heavy, enamel-coated pot, saute the onion, ginger, and garlic in coconut oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken strips and cook another 5 minutes
- Add the curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Then add the fish sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Add 1/2 cup of the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and carrots and boil for 15 minutes or until they are soft and cooked through, stirring frequently. Add 1/2 cup water if the curry is too thick.
- Add the red peppers and remaining coconut milk. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the moringa and cayenne pepper (if using).