If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Korean Slaw Dog: all-beef hot dogs loaded with Korean BBQ sauces, spicy kimchi, & sweet/tangy slaw, topped with kickin' ketchup & mustard. —Holly
For The Slaw:
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (use Sriracha, Gochujang, etc)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 head purple cabbage
- 1/2 head savoy cabbage
- 2 large carrots
- 1 rounded tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 jalapeno peppers, julienned (remove seeds and veins)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- To make the slaw dressing, combine rice vinegar, chili sauce, brown sugar, Dijon, olive oil, salt, pepper, & sesame oil in a pint jar, screw on the lid tightly and shake it until mixed together thoroughly.
- Toast sesame seeds for 2 minutes, until slightly golden in color, and set aside.
- Thinly slice the purple & savoy cabbage, and place in a very large bowl
- Peel & shred carrots, and add to bowl.
- Remove seeds & veins from jalapeño peppers, then julienne and add to the bowl.
- Prior to serving, add the Slaw Dressing to the bowl and gently fold it into the slaw.
For The Hot Dogs:
- package of (eight) all beef hot dogs
- 1 package of (eight) top-sliced buns
- 16 ounces your favorite store-bought or homemade Kimchi
- 1 cup ketchup
- 4 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium tamari
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 cup yellow classic mustard
- First make what I call "Kickin' Ketchup" by combining 1 cup ketchup, 3 tablespoons Sriracha, 2 tablespoons tamari, and 1 teaspoon ginger.
- Next make "Kickin' Mustard" by combining yellow mustard, 1 tablespoon tamari, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, PLUS 3 tablespoons of the Kickin' Ketchup.
- Heat up grill to medium heat (350-400 degrees)
- Score each hot dog 3-4 times on one side
- Grill dogs for 8 minutes, rotating every 2 minutes (this will allow hot dogs to heat thoroughly without over-cooking or drying out).
- If desired, toast hot dog buns, cut side down on the grill for 30-45 seconds, watching them closely.
- Place 1-2 ounces of kimchi in each bun, then the hot dog, then top with Slaw. Drizzle the dogs with Kickin' Ketchup and Kickin' Mustard, and serve warm.