If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: can add hot pepper flakes to make a spicy version, can mix lamb or pork with the beef, can also do without onions, can also stuff with cheese —lolad
pound ground beef
small brown onion
ground black pepper
pound feta cheese
cup sour cream
pieces thick pita bread
- finely dice and salt the onion, squeeze all the water out by hand
- mix the onions into the meat, salt and pepper to taste
- form 2 large patties about 1/2 inch thick
- grill about 2 to 3 minutes on each side until done
- OPTIONAL TOPPING: crumble feta into sour cream, add finely minced garlic and paprika to taste, mix with a fork until smooth
- warm pita bread, top each patty with some of the feta mix and place on the bread (can also be eat with a knife and fork along side the bread or the patty with topping can be put in the pita - all personal preference)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers