If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was adapted from two sources: a three ingredient recipe for peanut butter cups (http://pureella.com/3-clean...) and a recipe for chocolate bark (http://alldayidreamaboutfood...). —Brian Coppola
pieces 90% Lindt Dark Chocolate squares (240g)
tablespoons coconut oil (semisolid)
cup unsweetened cocoa powder
tablespoons cocoa butter
tablespoons fresh, ground peanut butter (100% nuts)
tablespoon coconut oil (semisolid)
tablespoon almond meal/flour
- Combine the peanut butter with 1/2 t coconut oil and 1 T almond meal; mix well and set aside.
- Put the chopped chocolate into a heat-safe bowl and place in a 350 degree oven (I just use a toaster oven) and watch carefully to mostly melt the chocolate, removing periodically to stir.
- When the chocolate is nearly all melted, add 2 T coconut oil, the cocoa powder, and the cocoa butter. Blend well.
- Heat the chocolate mixture as needed to melt the cocoa butter, but be careful not to overheat the mixture. Remove from the oven and cool in the air until about room temperature.
- Unpack 12 double-thick paper muffin cups (or just double up the regular ones). Add 1.5 T of the chocolate mixture to each. Put on a tray and cool in the refrigerator until the edges are set but the centers are soupy. Some recipes call for a quick chill in the freezer; I like the fridge.
- Add about a teaspoon of peanut butter mixture to the center of each, pressing lightly to rise the chocolate around the edges. Place them back into the refrigerator and chill thoroughly, about 20 minutes.
- Add the remaining chocolate to the cover the peanut butter, about another 1.5 T to each. Cool to set.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. The chocolate is not tempered so it will melt readily. The chilled chocolate is still nice because of the cocoa butter, and the centers are stiff and not runny.